- 1 Where is Nagarkot Mata Mandir?
- 2 How can I go to Nagarkot from Delhi by train?
- 3 How can I go to Kangra by train?
- 4 Who destroyed jwalamukhi temple at Nagarkot?
- 5 Where is Nagarkot India?
- 6 Which station is near to Dharamshala?
- 7 Is there any train from Delhi to Kangra?
- 8 How can I reach jwalamukhi temple by train?
- 9 How far is Kangra from Dharamshala?
- 10 How far is Jwalaji from chintpurni?
- 11 How do I get to Baglamukhi Temple?
- 12 What is the secret of Jwala Devi?
- 13 How old is Jwala ji Temple?
- 14 Who attacked Jwalaji Temple?
Where is Nagarkot Mata Mandir?
Shree Nagarkot Devi Mandir like most temples in Himachal is dedicated to a Mother Goddess. This is located in Nagarkot in Kangra in Himachal Pradesh. It is eleven kilometers away from the Kangra railway station.
How can I go to Nagarkot from Delhi by train?
Train, drive, bus • 24h 13m
- Take the train from Delhi to Narkatiaganj Jn.
- Drive from Narkatiaganj Jn to Chitwan Sauraha.
- Take the bus from Chitwan Sauraha to Kathmandu.
How can I go to Kangra by train?
How to reach Kangra by train. Kangra has its own railway station, which lies within the Kangra valley but it is a toy train station, hence not connected with the other cities of the country. The nearest railway station to Kangra is Pathankot railway station which lies 87 km away from Kangra.
Who destroyed jwalamukhi temple at Nagarkot?
Firoz Shah Tujhlaq had become orthodox and bigoted towards the later part of his reign. He destroyed the Puri Jagannath temple while on an expedition to Jajnagar in 1360. Jwalamukhi temple of Kangra was destroyed during the expedition to Nagarkot.
Where is Nagarkot India?
Kangra, formerly Nagarkot, town, western Himachal Pradesh state, northwestern India, in an area at the southern edge of the Himalayan foothills drained by the Beas River. The town lies on a rail line just south-southwest of Dharmshala, at an elevation of 2,409 feet (734 metres).
Which station is near to Dharamshala?
Pathankot railway station in Punjab is the nearest railway station. It is 85-90 km away from Dharamshala.
Is there any train from Delhi to Kangra?
Old Delhi and Kangra Mandir are approximately kilometers far from one another. The first train from Old Delhi to Kangra Mandir leaves at Hrs from Old Delhi. The fastest train from Old Delhi to Kangra Mandir is which covers a distance of Kilometers in approximately H M hours.
How can I reach jwalamukhi temple by train?
By Train. Nearest railway station is Kangra Mandir but all trains do not stop here. The nearest railhead is Pathankot, about 85 km away from Dharamsala. Pathankot is well connected to all major cities in India.
How far is Kangra from Dharamshala?
The Distance between Kangra to Dharamshala by road is 17KM. The aerial distance from Kangra to Dharamshala is 14KM.
How far is Jwalaji from chintpurni?
Chintpurni is located around 361 KM away from Jwalaji so if you travel at the consistent speed of 50 KM per hour you can reach Jwalaji in 8 hours and 9 minutes. Your Jwalaji travel time may vary due to your bus speed, train speed or depending upon the vehicle you use.
How do I get to Baglamukhi Temple?
How to Reach:
- By Air. The closest is Devi Ahilyabai Holkar International Airport Indore airport, which is 156 km away.
- By Train. Nearest Railway station Ujjain which is 98 km away.
- By Road. Agar Malwa is well connected by road.
What is the secret of Jwala Devi?
History of Jwala Devi’s eternal flame The legend of the Jwala Ji Temple relates to Sati -granddaughter of Lord Brahma and wife of Lord Shiva. It is here that Sati’s tongue fell which can now be seen in the form of the flame. According to legends Sati immolated herself after her father insulted Lord Shiva.
How old is Jwala ji Temple?
Jwala Devi of Shaktinagar The old temple is believed to be 1000 years old. The old temple was constructed by Raja Udit Narayan Singh of Gaharwal. The new temple has been built replacing the old one.
Who attacked Jwalaji Temple?
As with all the ancient temples – the antiquity of this temple too goes back into the mists of time. Some say its 1000 years and some say its more than 2500 years old! We know this temple was attacked and looted by Mahmud of Ghazni when he came after the turn of the millennium… 1020~ AD/CE.