- 1 How can I reach Mansa Devi in Chandigarh?
- 2 Is Mansa Devi Temple open today?
- 3 Is Mansa Devi a Shakti Peeth?
- 4 How far is Naina Devi from Chandigarh?
- 5 Who is Maa Mansa Devi?
- 6 Is Mansa Devi the daughter of Lord Shiva?
- 7 How can I book Mansa Devi Temple?
- 8 How can I reach Mansa Devi?
- 9 How many steps are there in Mansa Devi Haridwar?
- 10 Where are 18 Shakti Peethas located?
- 11 Which is the famous temple in Haridwar?
- 12 How many Shakti Peethas are there in India?
- 13 How can I go to Naina Devi?
- 14 What is the height of Naina Devi?
- 15 Who built Naina Devi Temple?
How can I reach Mansa Devi in Chandigarh?
If traveling by train, Chandigarh is the nearest railhead for those heading to Mata Mansa Devi. It is situated on the Chandigarh –Kalka rail line.
Is Mansa Devi Temple open today?
Cable car services can be availed from as early as 07:00am in the morning (April-October) and from 08:00am during the other months. The temple remains opened from 08:00am to 05:00pm.
Is Mansa Devi a Shakti Peeth?
The temple is known for being the holy abode of Mansa Devi, a form of Shakti and is said to have emerged from the mind of the Lord Shiva. Mansa is regarded as the sister of the Nāga (serpent) Vasuki. Mansa Devi Temple is a Siddh Peeth (These are known to fulfill the desires of the worshippers).
How far is Naina Devi from Chandigarh?
Distance Between Chandigarh to Naina Devi
|Distance between Chandigarh to Naina Devi by Road is||104 Kms|
|Distance between Chandigarh to Naina Devi by Flight is||67 Kms|
|Travel Time from Chandigarh to Naina Devi by Road is||2:18 hrs|
|Nearest Airport in Chandigarh||Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport (30.73, 76.78)|
Who is Maa Mansa Devi?
Manasa, called as daughter of Shiva in some scriptures is a goddess of snakes, worshipped mainly in Bengal, Jharkhand and other parts of northeastern India, chiefly for the prevention and cure of snakebite. Manasa is the sister of Vasuki, king of Nāgas (snakes).
Is Mansa Devi the daughter of Lord Shiva?
According to the legends Goddess Manasa is the daughter of Lord Shiva. However some scriptures suggest that She was the daughter of Sage Kashyapa and is distantly related to Shiva. She is the sister of Vasuki and wife to Sage Jaratkaru.
How can I book Mansa Devi Temple?
Get In Touch
- Mata Mansa Devi Shrine Board Panchkula, Haryana – INDIA.
- Landline No:- +911722920988.
- [email protected]
- www. mansadevi.org.in.
How can I reach Mansa Devi?
Mansa Devi Temple is located at Bilwa Parvat and can be reach by either 3 km steep trek from Haridwar or by Ropeway also known as Mansa Devi Udankhatola. Nearest railway station to reach Mansa Devi Temple is Haridwar railway station (3 km) and airport at Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun (37 kms).
How many steps are there in Mansa Devi Haridwar?
The CM also inaugurated the newly-built 150-foot staircase with a budget of Rs 50 lakh in the temple.
Where are 18 Shakti Peethas located?
18 Shakti Peetas
|Sr. No.||Place||Name of Shakti|
|1||Trincomalee (Sri lanka)||Shankari devi|
|2||Kanchi (Tamil nadu)||Kamakshi Devi|
|3||Praddyumnam (West Bengal)||Sri Srunkhala devi|
|4||Mysore (Karnataka)||Chamundeshwari devi|
Which is the famous temple in Haridwar?
1. Mansa Devi Temple. Mansa Devi Temple is one of the most famous Hindu temples dedicated to Goddess Mansa Devi, and one of the prime holy places to visit in Haridwar. The Goddess is believed to be a form of Shakti and is considered to have emerged from Lord Shiva’s mind.
How many Shakti Peethas are there in India?
There are 51 Shakti peethas by various accounts, of which 18 are named as Maha (major) in medieval Hindu texts.
How can I go to Naina Devi?
Kathgodam Railway Station is the closest railhead to reach Naina Devi Temple (35 km). Trains from Delhi and other metro cities are easily available to reach the railhead. Tourists can get taxis and buses from the railway station to reach the temple. The temple is located 3 km from Nainital Bus Stand.
What is the height of Naina Devi?
This temple is located at an altitude of approx. 1177 meters in dist. Bilaspur of Himachal Pradesh.
Who built Naina Devi Temple?
The temple witnesses a huge crowd, especially during Shravan Ashtami and in the Navratras of Chaitra & Ashwin. Highlights This temple was built by Raja Bir Chand in the eight century, when he found the beautiful image of Goddess Durga on top of the hill.