- 1 How can I reach Jammu to Katra?
- 2 How can I go to Vaishno Devi from Katra?
- 3 How can I reach Vaishno Devi from Jammu airport?
- 4 How can I plan a trip to Vaishno Devi?
- 5 Is Ola available in Jammu?
- 6 What is the taxi fare from Jammu to Katra?
- 7 Is there ropeway from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
- 8 How many hours does it take from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
- 9 How much does it cost to walk in Vaishno Devi?
- 10 What is the price of helicopter for Vaishno Devi?
- 11 What is the best time to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Temple?
- 12 Can we go by car to Vaishno Devi?
- 13 What should I wear in Vaishno Devi?
- 14 In which month there is snowfall in Vaishno Devi?
- 15 What can I buy from Katra?
How can I reach Jammu to Katra?
- By Air. Located at a distance of 50 kilometres, the Jammu airport is the nearest to Katra.
- By Bus. Jammu and Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation buses operate to and from Jammu to Katra at regular intervals.
- By Train. The nearest railway station from Katra is the Udhampur railway station.
How can I go to Vaishno Devi from Katra?
The temple or Bhawan is 13.5 km from Katra, and devotees who go there to seek blessing have to trek, or take ponies or palkhis, but the easiest and the fastest way to reach there is via helicopters. You can opt for helicopter services up to Sanjichhat, which is 9.5 km from Katra.
How can I reach Vaishno Devi from Jammu airport?
Jammu Airport, or Sarwari Airport, is the nearest airport that serves Katra. Regular air services ply for Katra through this airport. Once you have touched down, take a taxi from the airport and voila, you reach Katra in an hour. Buses are also available for this route.
How can I plan a trip to Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi – Advance bookings
- You would require to make advance bookings.
- Hotels in Katra and Bhawan on top are in high demand, you must make advance bookings.
- Helicopter ride (fastest way) requires booking at least one month in advance.
- Even for Aarti and entrance, it is recommended to make advance bookings.
Is Ola available in Jammu?
Car Hire in Jammu available for all car types with top car rental operators at best deals and discounts. Tourist can also hire ola cab, meru cab, savaari taxi service to travel in and around Jammu.
What is the taxi fare from Jammu to Katra?
Jammu to Katra Taxi Fare
|Vehicle Type||Oneway Rate *||Per KM Rate *|
|SUV – Xylo / Ertiga / Similar||3521||82|
|Hatchback – Ritz / Indica / Similar||2639||61|
|Sedan – Swift Dzire / Toyota Etios / Similar||2639||61|
Is there ropeway from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi temple is a cave temple nestled in the divine Himalayan mountains and the only access to the temple is through the mountains. From Katra to Vaishno Devi Bhawan, you can use any of these modes of transportation, ponies, trekking, electric vehicles, ropeway, and Palki.
How many hours does it take from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
It may take anywhere from 5 to 8 hours to climb from Katra to Bhavan and about 3-6 hours to descend.
How much does it cost to walk in Vaishno Devi?
Taxis cost around Rs 1500. The 12 km climb from Katra to Vaishno Devi is on a well-paved road. If you’re running short of time or unable to do the climb, there are regular helicopter flights from Katra to Sanjhhi Chhat, followed by a 2.5 km walk.
What is the price of helicopter for Vaishno Devi?
You can now make online booking of tickets for the helicopter services running on Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra section for Mata Vaishno Devi. The return fare from Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra is Rs 2,010 and the one-way fare is Rs 1,005 (as of September 2018).
What is the best time to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Temple?
Vaishno Devi is open for pilgrims throughout the year, but the best time to undertake the journey is between the months of March and October. A lot of pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi between these months as the weather is cool and pleasant, but maximum visitors plan their trip during the Navratras.
Can we go by car to Vaishno Devi?
You can go till Katra by car. Then you need to take auto or other approved mode of transport to reach the entry point. you can go till katra by car.
What should I wear in Vaishno Devi?
The best dress for Vaishno Devi is Salwar and Kameez. A sweater or warm clothing depends on the season of your travel is required. All yatras whether by walk or helicopter have to be registered at the base with an ID.
In which month there is snowfall in Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi in Winter (December – February) Vaishno Devi experiences snowfall during December and January. The period can prove to be a very charming one to visit the Shrine. The Holy Cave Vaishno Devi is also open during the winters to provide a mystical experience performing Darshans through this cave.
What can I buy from Katra?
What can I buy in Katra? A. The Main Bazaar in Katra sells an assortment of items like Kashmiri carpets, shawls, dry fruits, souvenirs, pherans, silverware, brassware, Pashmina shawls, wooden furniture, copperware, Cashmere shawls, and Cashmere carpets.