- 1 Which of the following is a program that tells the computer how do you use a specific device?
- 2 What file tells the operating system what kind of file it is?
- 3 What is the main program in an operating system called?
- 4 What is the most important program in the operating system?
- 5 What are the 10 input devices?
- 6 What are the five examples of operating system?
- 7 Is the process of dividing a hard disk into tracks and sectors?
- 8 What are five types of system software?
- 9 Which of the following is not an operating system?
- 10 What are the 3 main purposes of an operating system?
- 11 What are the 4 types of operating system?
- 12 What is an operating system and give examples?
- 13 What are the goals of operating system?
- 14 Which operating system is best Why?
- 15 What are examples of operating systems?
Which of the following is a program that tells the computer how do you use a specific device?
The purpose of an operating system is to organise and control both the hardware and software to perform specific tasks. Any device that has an operating system allows you to change how the device works.
What file tells the operating system what kind of file it is?
Files are stored in folders. Folders can contain many different files or can be empty. Folders can also store other folders (called “subfolders”). The file extension tells the user and the computer’s operating system what type of file it is.
What is the main program in an operating system called?
An operating system kernel contains a scheduling program which determines how much time each process spends executing, and in which order execution control should be passed to programs. Control is passed to a process by the kernel, which allows the program access to the CPU and memory.
What is the most important program in the operating system?
The most important program in the OS is the kernel, it manages the OS and most of it remains in memory. The kernel then loads other OS programs into memory from disk as needed. The process of loading the OS into memory is called booting.
What are the 10 input devices?
Computer – Input Devices
- Joy Stick.
- Light pen.
- Track Ball.
- Graphic Tablet.
What are the five examples of operating system?
Five of the most common operating systems are Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, Linux, Android and Apple’s iOS.
- What Operating Systems Do.
- Microsoft Windows.
- Apple iOS.
- Google’s Android OS.
- Apple macOS.
- Linux Operating System.
Is the process of dividing a hard disk into tracks and sectors?
The process of dividing the disk into tracks and sectors is called as formatting.
What are five types of system software?
System software includes:
- Operating systems.
- Device drivers.
- Utility software.
- Shells and windowing systems.
Which of the following is not an operating system?
Answer: Android is not a operating system.
What are the 3 main purposes of an operating system?
An operating system has three main functions: (1) manage the computer’s resources, such as the central processing unit, memory, disk drives, and printers, (2) establish a user interface, and ( 3 ) execute and provide services for applications software.
What are the 4 types of operating system?
Types of Operating System ( OS )
- Batch Operating System.
- Multitasking/Time Sharing OS.
- Multiprocessing OS.
- Real Time OS.
- Distributed OS.
- Network OS.
- Mobile OS.
What is an operating system and give examples?
An operating system, or ” OS,” is software that communicates with the hardware and allows other programs to run. Every desktop computer, tablet, and smartphone includes an operating system that provides basic functionality for the device. Common desktop operating systems include Windows, OS X, and Linux.
What are the goals of operating system?
Objectives of Operating System To make the computer system convenient to use in an efficient manner. To hide the details of the hardware resources from the users. To provide users a convenient interface to use the computer system.
Which operating system is best Why?
10 Best Operating Systems for Laptops and Computers [2021 LIST]
- Comparison Of The Top Operating Systems.
- #1) MS-Windows.
- #2) Ubuntu.
- #3) Mac OS.
- #4) Fedora.
- #5) Solaris.
- #6) Free BSD.
- #7) Chrome OS.
What are examples of operating systems?
What Are Some Examples of Operating Systems? Some examples of operating systems include Apple macOS, Microsoft Windows, Google’s Android OS, Linux Operating System, and Apple iOS. Apple macOS is found on Apple personal computers such as the Apple Macbook, Apple Macbook Pro and Apple Macbook Air.