- 1 What are the 9 avatars of Durga?
- 2 What are the 9 days of Navratri 2021?
- 3 What are the Nine Colours of Navratri 2020?
- 4 What are the 10 days of Durga Puja?
- 5 Who is the husband of Maa Durga?
- 6 Which demon did Durga killed?
- 7 Which Colour to wear on each day of Navratri?
- 8 Which Colour to wear on Navratri?
- 9 Which Mata Navratri is today?
- 10 What color is today?
- 11 Which Colour clothes to wear on which day?
- 12 Which is Peacock Green Colour?
- 13 Is Durga and Parvati same?
- 14 Which state is famous for Durga Puja?
- 15 Who first started Durga Puja?
What are the 9 avatars of Durga?
The nine forms of Durga or Parvati are: Shailaputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kaalratri, Mahagauri, and Siddhidhatri.
Chaitra Navratri 2021 date, time and significance
|Day and Date||Puja||Colour of the day|
|Navratri Day 8 Tuesday, April 20, 2021||Durga Ashtami, Mahagauri Puja, Annapurna Ashtami, Sandhi Puja||Pink|
|Navratri Day 9 Wednesday, April 21, 2021||Rama Navami||Sky Blue|
|Navratri Day 10 Thursday, April 22, 2021||Dashami, Navratri Parana||–|
Navratri 2020: Nine colours of Navratri and their significance
- DAY 1 – ORANGE. The festival begins with the bright and vibrant Orange.
- DAY 2 – WHITE. White is the colour for Day 2, which is a symbol of peace and purity.
- DAY 3 – RED.
- DAY 4 – ROYAL BLUE.
- DAY 5 – YELLOW.
- DAY 6 – GREEN.
- DAY 7 – GREY.
- DAY 8 – PURPLE.
What are the 10 days of Durga Puja?
Durga Puja 2020 calendar: Day -wise chart:
- October 21, Day 1 – Panchami, Kartik 04, 1427, Bilva Nimantran, Kalparambha, Akal Bodhon, Amantran and Adhivas.
- October 22, Day 2 – Shashthi, Kartik 05, 1427, Navpatrika Puja, Kolabou Puja.
- October 23, Day 3 – Saptami, Kartik 06, 1427.
Who is the husband of Maa Durga?
The two most important texts of Shaktism, Devi Mahatmya and Devi-Bhagavata Purana, reveres Devi or Shakti ( goddess ) as the primordial creator of the universe and the Brahman (ultimate truth and reality).
|Festivals||Durga Puja, Durga Ashtami, Navratri, Vijayadashami|
Which demon did Durga killed?
The buffalo demon Mahishasura was quite sure that a woman could never defeat him and promptly proposed marriage. Her cool rejection led to battle and in the end, the goddess effortlessly pierced him with a trident, decapitated him, and sent his army scurrying.
Navratri colours 2020: List of 9 colours and its importance
|1st Day||17th October 2020||Grey|
|2nd Day||18th October 2020||Orange|
|3rd Day||19th October 2020||White|
The Goddess’ immense power is represented by the dark blue colour. The eight day is dedicated to Goddess Mahagauri. On this day you should wear pink colour, which represents hope, self-refinement and social upliftment. The last day of Navratri is dedicated to Devi Siddhidatri.
The Skanda Mata avatar of Devi Durga is worshipped on day five of Navratri. Today is the Panchami Tithi of Chaitra, Shukla Paksha. This year, Chaitra Navratri celebrations began on April 13.
What color is today?
Color of the day
|Day||Color of the day||God of the day|
Which Colour clothes to wear on which day?
Tuesday: Red being the most suitable color for Tuesdays, wearing red clothes and keeping red flowers at home on the day may prove to be good. Weekday colors (according to the Ayurveda)
|day||color||example and RGB code|
|Monday||white||Floral White – #FFFAF0|
|Tuesday||red||Indian Red – #CD5C5C|
|Wednesday||green||Lime Green – #32CD32|
|Thursday||yellow||Light Yellow – #FFFFE0|
Which is Peacock Green Colour?
Peacock Green is a dark, muted, peacock green with a seafoam undertone. It is a perfect paint color for a dining room.
Is Durga and Parvati same?
Parvati is a Passive goddess and Durga is an active Shakti goddess. According to Shaktism Durga is also the mother of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Therefore, Parvati and Durga are not one and the same goddess. Their nature is totally different.
Which state is famous for Durga Puja?
Durga Puja, major festival of Hinduism, traditionally held for 10 days in the month of Ashvina (September–October), the seventh month of the Hindu calendar, and particularly celebrated in Bengal, Assam, and other eastern Indian states.
Who first started Durga Puja?
The first Barowari Durga Puja was organized in Kolkata by Bhowanipore Sanatan Dharmotsahini Sabha in 1909 at Balaram Bose Ghat Road, Bhowanipore. On this occasion, Sri Aurobindo published the famous Durga Stotra in his Bengali journal, Dharma, issue one “Kartika” dated 1316 AD.