- 1 How can I reach Vaishno Devi from Jammu?
- 2 How can I go Katra from Jammu?
- 3 How can I plan a trip to Vaishno Devi?
- 4 What is the taxi fare from Jammu to Katra?
- 5 What is the best time to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Temple?
- 6 What is the price of helicopter for Vaishno Devi?
- 7 Is Ola available in Jammu?
- 8 How far is Jammu Tawi from Katra?
- 9 Can we go by car to Vaishno Devi?
- 10 What should I wear in Vaishno Devi?
- 11 How long is the walk to Vaishno Devi?
- 12 Is there ropeway from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
- 13 Which airport is near Vaishno Devi?
- 14 How far is Jammu airport from Katra?
- 15 How far is Kashmir from Vaishno Devi?
How can I reach Vaishno Devi from Jammu?
HOW TO REACH VAISHNO DEVI
- By Air. Nearest airport is at Jammu, around 50 km from Katra. Jammu is well-connected by flights to several cities like Delhi, Srinagar and Leh.
- By Train. Nearest railway station is also at Jammu. Jammu is well connected to all major cities in India.
- By Road. State-run buses from Jammu to Katra ply at regular intervals.
How can I go Katra from Jammu?
- 1 ways to reach Katra from Jammu.
- 1 ways to reach Katra. There is a direct cab from Jammu to Katra. The minimum time taken by a cab from Jammu is 0m. The cheapest way to reach from Jammu to Katra is cab to Katra and takes 1h 6m. The fastest way to reach from Jammu to Katra is cab to Katra and takes 1h 6m.
How can I plan a trip to Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi – Advance bookings
- You would require to make advance bookings.
- Hotels in Katra and Bhawan on top are in high demand, you must make advance bookings.
- Helicopter ride (fastest way) requires booking at least one month in advance.
- Even for Aarti and entrance, it is recommended to make advance bookings.
What is the taxi fare from Jammu to Katra?
Jammu to Katra Taxi Fare
|Vehicle Type||Oneway Rate *||Per KM Rate *|
|SUV – Xylo / Ertiga / Similar||3521||82|
|Hatchback – Ritz / Indica / Similar||2639||61|
|Sedan – Swift Dzire / Toyota Etios / Similar||2639||61|
What is the best time to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Temple?
Vaishno Devi is open for pilgrims throughout the year, but the best time to undertake the journey is between the months of March and October. A lot of pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi between these months as the weather is cool and pleasant, but maximum visitors plan their trip during the Navratras.
What is the price of helicopter for Vaishno Devi?
You can now make online booking of tickets for the helicopter services running on Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra section for Mata Vaishno Devi. The return fare from Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra is Rs 2,010 and the one-way fare is Rs 1,005 (as of September 2018).
Is Ola available in Jammu?
Car Hire in Jammu available for all car types with top car rental operators at best deals and discounts. Tourist can also hire ola cab, meru cab, savaari taxi service to travel in and around Jammu.
How far is Jammu Tawi from Katra?
Distance Between Katra to Jammu
|Distance between Katra to Jammu by Road is||46 Kms|
|Distance between Katra to Jammu by Flight is||30 Kms|
|Travel Time from Katra to Jammu by Road is||0:55 hrs|
|Nearest Airport in Katra||Jammu Civil Enclave (32.99, 74.93)|
|Nearest Airport in Jammu||Jammu Civil Enclave (32.73, 74.86)|
Can we go by car to Vaishno Devi?
You can go till Katra by car. Then you need to take auto or other approved mode of transport to reach the entry point. you can go till katra by car.
What should I wear in Vaishno Devi?
The best dress for Vaishno Devi is Salwar and Kameez. A sweater or warm clothing depends on the season of your travel is required. All yatras whether by walk or helicopter have to be registered at the base with an ID.
How long is the walk to Vaishno Devi?
The 12 km climb from Katra to Vaishno Devi is on a well-paved road. If you’re running short of time or unable to do the climb, there are regular helicopter flights from Katra to Sanjhhi Chhat, followed by a 2.5 km walk. These can be booked from the Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board’s official website.
Is there ropeway from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi temple is a cave temple nestled in the divine Himalayan mountains and the only access to the temple is through the mountains. From Katra to Vaishno Devi Bhawan, you can use any of these modes of transportation, ponies, trekking, electric vehicles, ropeway, and Palki.
Which airport is near Vaishno Devi?
The nearest airport to Vaishno Devi is Jammu Airport. It is a domestic airport and is well-connected to various cities in India, such as Delhi, Srinagar, Leh, Mumbai, Hyderabad via domestic a
How far is Jammu airport from Katra?
Travel options Located at a distance of 50 kilometres, the Jammu airport is the nearest to Katra. Jammu is well-connected with major airports in India. It’s easy to get a cab from the Jammu airport to Katra as regular taxi and cab services are available.
How far is Kashmir from Vaishno Devi?
Distance Between Kashmir to Vaishno Devi
|Distance between Kashmir to Vaishno Devi by Road is||260 Kms|
|Distance between Kashmir to Vaishno Devi by Flight is||113 Kms|
|Travel Time from Kashmir to Vaishno Devi by Road is||10:34 hrs|
|Nearest Airport in Kashmir||Srinagar International Airport (33.88, 74.28)|