- 1 How can I reach Vaishno Devi from Kanpur?
- 2 How can I plan for Vaishno Devi?
- 3 How much does it cost to go to Vaishno Devi?
- 4 How long is the walk to Vaishno Devi?
- 5 How can I go to Katra from Delhi?
- 6 Which month is good for Vaishno Devi?
- 7 What should I wear in Vaishno Devi?
- 8 Is there ropeway from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
- 9 When Vaishno Devi cave is open?
- 10 Is mobile phone allowed in Vaishno Devi?
- 11 How can I book helicopter for Vaishno Devi?
- 12 How difficult is Vaishno Devi trek?
- 13 How high is the shrine of Vaishno Devi?
- 14 What can I buy in Katra?
How can I reach Vaishno Devi from Kanpur?
The best way to get from Kanpur to Vaishnodevi Temple is to fly which takes 14h 44m and costs ₹5,000 – ₹14,000. Alternatively, you can train, which costs ₹470 – ₹520 and takes 18h 45m, you could also bus, which costs ₹1,100 – ₹1,700 and takes 22h 35m.
How can I plan for Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi – Advance bookings
- You would require to make advance bookings.
- Hotels in Katra and Bhawan on top are in high demand, you must make advance bookings.
- Helicopter ride (fastest way) requires booking at least one month in advance.
- Even for Aarti and entrance, it is recommended to make advance bookings.
How much does it cost to go to Vaishno Devi?
IRCTC Vaishno Devi tour: Cost of Vaishno Devi package for Deluxe class is ₹ 10,950 on single occupancy basis and ₹ 7850 on double occupancy basis. IRCTC Vaishno Devi tour: The Vaishno Devi tour will be conducted by IRCTC Tourism via train journey.
How long is the walk to Vaishno Devi?
The 12 km climb from Katra to Vaishno Devi is on a well-paved road. If you’re running short of time or unable to do the climb, there are regular helicopter flights from Katra to Sanjhhi Chhat, followed by a 2.5 km walk. These can be booked from the Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board’s official website.
How can I go to Katra from Delhi?
The fastest way to reach from New Delhi to Katra is flight to Jammu Airport, then cab to Katra and takes 3h 26m. The recommended way to reach from New Delhi to Katra is bus to Katra and takes 12h 0m. Buses from Jamna Travels – Delhi, Laxmi Holidays, Ashok Bus Service etc. Flights from Go Air, Spicejet, Vistara etc.
Which month is good for Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi is open for pilgrims throughout the year, but the best time to undertake the journey is between the months of March and October. A lot of pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi between these months as the weather is cool and pleasant, but maximum visitors plan their trip during the Navratras.
What should I wear in Vaishno Devi?
The best dress for Vaishno Devi is Salwar and Kameez. A sweater or warm clothing depends on the season of your travel is required. All yatras whether by walk or helicopter have to be registered at the base with an ID.
Is there ropeway from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi temple is a cave temple nestled in the divine Himalayan mountains and the only access to the temple is through the mountains. From Katra to Vaishno Devi Bhawan, you can use any of these modes of transportation, ponies, trekking, electric vehicles, ropeway, and Palki.
When Vaishno Devi cave is open?
Every year, the natural cave is opened for pilgrims after Makar Sankranti amid chanting of Vedic ‘mantras’ and a number of other rituals.
Is mobile phone allowed in Vaishno Devi?
To facilitate an easier and more convenient darshan, the Vaishno Devi Shrine Board has a cloak room where pilgrims can leave their leather goods, cameras and mobile phones, all of which aren’t allowed in the temple. Aside from the cloak room, there are dharamshalas where you can also wait for your group number.
How can I book helicopter for Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi Helicopter Tickets – Online Booking Process
- User Registration on Maa Vaishno Devi Official Website.
- Select flight DateTime and check availability.
- Enter passenger details carefully.
- Make the payment.
- Check transaction status for any errors.
- Take the printout of Electronic Reservation Slip.
How difficult is Vaishno Devi trek?
The Vaishno Devi shrine in Trikuta mountains at 5,200ft is 61 km from Jammu city and can be reached after a 13 km arduous journey on foot from Katra. <br><br>Devotees sometimes suffer breathing problems and can avail of ponies and palanquins to reach the shrine via Ardh Kumari.
How high is the shrine of Vaishno Devi?
The temple, at a height of 1,584.96 m (5,200 ft), 12 km from Katra on Trikuta hill. It is about 61 km from Jammu city. There is no historical record about the temple, but there is a mention of the Trikuta hill in Rigveda, the place where the temple is located.
What can I buy in Katra?
What can I buy in Katra? A. The Main Bazaar in Katra sells an assortment of items like Kashmiri carpets, shawls, dry fruits, souvenirs, pherans, silverware, brassware, Pashmina shawls, wooden furniture, copperware, Cashmere shawls, and Cashmere carpets.