- 1 Which among the following is associated with the name Kunjarani Devi?
- 2 What is the total number of medals Kunjarani has won so far?
- 3 When did kunjarani win two gold medals?
- 4 Which country has the best weightlifters?
- 5 Why is kunjarani called the Lady Hercules of India?
- 6 What achievement did kunjarani make in the 18th Commonwealth Games?
- 7 Why do Chinese weightlifters look like bodybuilders?
- 8 What shoes do Chinese weightlifters wear?
- 9 Are Olympic weightlifters natural?
Which among the following is associated with the name Kunjarani Devi?
The name Kunjarani Devi is associated with which of the following sports? Notes: Nameirakpam Kunjarani Devi is the most decorated Indian sportswoman in weightlifting. The heroics of Kunjarani Devi, who won numerous medals for India at International Weightlifting competitions is a part of Manipur’s sporting folklore.
What is the total number of medals Kunjarani has won so far?
The iron lady from Manipur has been awarded several times by the Indian Government with Padmashree, Arjuna Award and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. She has an astonishing 50 plus medals to her credit.
When did kunjarani win two gold medals?
Her best performance came in the 1995 competition in South Korea where she won two gold and one bronze in the 46-kilogram category.
Which country has the best weightlifters?
Countries Producing The Best Olympic Weightlifters
- USSR/Russia, 231 Titles. The Russians are unconquerable when it comes winning weightlifting championships.
- China, 189 Titles.
- Bulgaria, 91 Titles.
- United States, 55 Titles.
- East-West-Unified Germany, 40 Titles.
- Austria, 35 Titles.
- Poland, 30 Titles.
- Iran, 24 Titles.
Why is kunjarani called the Lady Hercules of India?
The 52-year-old was also known as the Hercules from Manipur for her amazing grit and strength. Incidentally, Kunjarani’s interest in sport emerged from another legendary Indian sportswoman: PT Usha.
What achievement did kunjarani make in the 18th Commonwealth Games?
MELBOURNE: Lifter Kunjarani Devi won the gold medal in the women’s 48 kg category to fetch first medal for India in the 18th Commonwealth Games Thursday. Kunjarani created a Games record with an overall lift of 166 kg which included 72kg in snatch and 94kg in the clean and jerk.
Why do Chinese weightlifters look like bodybuilders?
A number or reasons: Most of their lifters are in lower categories where the ratio of functional vs nonfunctional mass is more important. Very homogeneous population makes them look very similar. All of them are comparably shory, with short legs, long torsos etc.
What shoes do Chinese weightlifters wear?
This anta weightlifting shoes is very suitable for professional weightlifting players, which are China National Team exclusive training shoes and match shoes, you can wear this shoes to improve feet comortable.
Are Olympic weightlifters natural?
Are Olympic weightlifters natural? In an ideal world then certainly yes the ones that compete are or at least should be natural – they are drug tested by WADA randomly throughout the year and also at competition. Quite often though, lifters are caught out with a sample on the banned substance list.