- 1 How can I reach Vaishno Devi from Jammu?
- 2 How can I reach Vaishno Devi Temple?
- 3 How can I go Katra from Jammu?
- 4 How can I plan for Vaishno Devi?
- 5 What is the price of helicopter for Vaishno Devi?
- 6 What is the best time to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Temple?
- 7 Is there any VIP darshan in Vaishno Devi?
- 8 Who is husband of Vaishno Devi?
- 9 How long is the walk from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
- 10 Is Ola available in Jammu?
- 11 What is the taxi fare from Jammu to Katra?
- 12 Can we go by car to Vaishno Devi?
- 13 What should I wear in Vaishno Devi?
- 14 Is there ropeway from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
- 15 Are cameras allowed in Vaishno Devi?
How can I reach Vaishno Devi from Jammu?
HOW TO REACH VAISHNO DEVI
- By Air. Nearest airport is at Jammu, around 50 km from Katra. Jammu is well-connected by flights to several cities like Delhi, Srinagar and Leh.
- By Train. Nearest railway station is also at Jammu. Jammu is well connected to all major cities in India.
- By Road. State-run buses from Jammu to Katra ply at regular intervals.
How can I reach Vaishno Devi Temple?
The temple or Bhawan is 13.5 km from Katra, and devotees who go there to seek blessing have to trek, or take ponies or palkhis, but the easiest and the fastest way to reach there is via helicopters. You can opt for helicopter services up to Sanjichhat, which is 9.5 km from Katra.
How can I go Katra from Jammu?
- 1 ways to reach Katra from Jammu.
- 1 ways to reach Katra. There is a direct cab from Jammu to Katra. The minimum time taken by a cab from Jammu is 0m. The cheapest way to reach from Jammu to Katra is cab to Katra and takes 1h 6m. The fastest way to reach from Jammu to Katra is cab to Katra and takes 1h 6m.
How can I plan for Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi – Advance bookings
- You would require to make advance bookings.
- Hotels in Katra and Bhawan on top are in high demand, you must make advance bookings.
- Helicopter ride (fastest way) requires booking at least one month in advance.
- Even for Aarti and entrance, it is recommended to make advance bookings.
What is the price of helicopter for Vaishno Devi?
You can now make online booking of tickets for the helicopter services running on Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra section for Mata Vaishno Devi. The return fare from Katra – Sanjichhat – Katra is Rs 2,010 and the one-way fare is Rs 1,005 (as of September 2018).
What is the best time to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Temple?
Vaishno Devi is open for pilgrims throughout the year, but the best time to undertake the journey is between the months of March and October. A lot of pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi between these months as the weather is cool and pleasant, but maximum visitors plan their trip during the Navratras.
Is there any VIP darshan in Vaishno Devi?
Taking a cue from the Lord Venkateswara Temple, the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi board has decided to charge for special-priority darshan at the cave shrine. “All VIP darshan on special-priority tickets will now be charged under different categories as we have adopted the model of Tirupati shrine,” an official said.
Who is husband of Vaishno Devi?
Years after, Vaishno Devi was reborn as the daughter of a Brahmin couple. From childhood, the goddess was attracted to Vishnu and decided to marry him.
How long is the walk from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
The 12 km climb from Katra to Vaishno Devi is on a well-paved road. If you’re running short of time or unable to do the climb, there are regular helicopter flights from Katra to Sanjhhi Chhat, followed by a 2.5 km walk. These can be booked from the Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board’s official website.
Is Ola available in Jammu?
Car Hire in Jammu available for all car types with top car rental operators at best deals and discounts. Tourist can also hire ola cab, meru cab, savaari taxi service to travel in and around Jammu.
What is the taxi fare from Jammu to Katra?
Jammu to Katra Taxi Fare
|Vehicle Type||Oneway Rate *||Per KM Rate *|
|SUV – Xylo / Ertiga / Similar||3521||82|
|Hatchback – Ritz / Indica / Similar||2639||61|
|Sedan – Swift Dzire / Toyota Etios / Similar||2639||61|
Can we go by car to Vaishno Devi?
You can go till Katra by car. Then you need to take auto or other approved mode of transport to reach the entry point. you can go till katra by car.
What should I wear in Vaishno Devi?
The best dress for Vaishno Devi is Salwar and Kameez. A sweater or warm clothing depends on the season of your travel is required. All yatras whether by walk or helicopter have to be registered at the base with an ID.
Is there ropeway from Katra to Vaishno Devi?
Vaishno Devi temple is a cave temple nestled in the divine Himalayan mountains and the only access to the temple is through the mountains. From Katra to Vaishno Devi Bhawan, you can use any of these modes of transportation, ponies, trekking, electric vehicles, ropeway, and Palki.
Are cameras allowed in Vaishno Devi?
To facilitate an easier and more convenient darshan, the Vaishno Devi Shrine Board has a cloak room where pilgrims can leave their leather goods, cameras and mobile phones, all of which aren’t allowed in the temple.